Wednesday, May 18, 2011

-B- Brave!

I've thought for years about how fun it would be to combine my love of writing and my experiences into something that might inspire other Women.  My dream job would be to be an Editor of a home magazine of some sort.  I dream about one day owning my own magazine with this -B- theme.  In the meantime, I figured I could start small with this blog and see how it is accepted.  Every day I'll have a new -B-.........!  It is all in efforts to learn more about myself and push myself to reflect on the lessons I learn each day and the experiences I have. 

You can -B- anything in the world that you want to be!  For me, the biggest stronghold I have that keeps me from persuing the things I love is fear.  I'm afraid that if I'm not perfect at it  (whatever "it" may be),  then I'll dissappoint someone or I'll have to face my own personal weaknesses.  That's scary stuff for me, so I combat that by just being afraid. 

Recently, I quit my Medical Marketing job and I'm now staying at home holding down the fort while my Husband travels like a mad man.  My 3 kids are barely school age and are very close together in age.  I have a set of Twins that are finishing Kindergarten in a few weeks, and a Daughter that is finishing up Pre-K in a few weeks. 

So, forseeing the future, I imagined my full time work life with the added pressure of getting three kids to learn to read and running around failing miserably every step of the way like I have been for the past year that I've been working.  I decided to quit and take at least the Summer off of all responsibilies (besides Kids), and spend the time enjoying my babies and rediscovering who I am and what matters to me. 

So far 2 weeks into staying at home, I'm loving it.  I've been doing tons of projects around the house and I can't wait to blog about them.  So, stay tuned for inspiration and enjoy watching me -B-ecome whoever it is that God intended for me to be.  I'm terrified, but today I'm focusing on -B-eing Brave! 




I

No comments:

Post a Comment